Are you looking to better understand the ever-changing patent landscape? This comprehensive report covers patent filing data and critical aspects of patent publications from 2022, as well as pre-pandemic patent data to provide context and decipher broader publication trends.
The report is segmented by target market, top players in academia and industry, and specific sectors such as chemicals, aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices, enabling a more precise data analysis.
Key highlights from the report:
- Samsung emerged as the leader in patent filings, with over 8,500 patents granted last year
- A breakdown of patent publications in 2022 and trends between 2018-2022 indicate an upward trend in pending applications, granted patents, designs, and utility models
- The top 5 jurisdictions for patent publications are China, the United States, Japan, Korea, and the European Patent Office (EPO)
- Electronic data processing for information retrieval, database structures, and file systems, as well as data processing for administration and management, are the top growing IP technology areas at 99% and 62%, respectively
- Four of the top five assignees in 2022 are headquartered in Asia
- US-headquartered companies, including Qualcomm, IBM, Microsoft, Apple, Intel, Google, and Micron are featured among the list of top 30 patent assignees
Download our latest report now to gain valuable IP insights.